Ah, Europe. . . there’s never enough time to explore the cities and countryside, the beaches and forests, the food and drink of Europe’s varied countries.
Exploration Vacation’s travel map
Click on a country to see all posts from that country, or follow the links below.
- Summer European Tour (2010) — Salzburg
Tiny Denmark is a jewel box for travelers, with charming villages, sweeping ocean views, good food, and walkable cities filled with shops, gardens, and historic structures. While Copenhagen is wonderful, leave the city for a memorable road trip through the countryside.
- All posts on Denmark, including Copenhagen and the countryside of Zealand, Lolland, Falster, and Møn
- Photo Thursday: Dubrovnik Memories
Czechia (the Czech Republic)
- A stroll through the Baroque Flower Garden of Kromeriz Castle, Czechia
- Discover the Czech Republic beyond Prague
- London (2009)
- 2016 Baltic itinerary, including Tallinn, Lahemaa National Park, and Saaremaa
- 2016 Baltic itinerary, including Helsinki and the Åland Islands
- Photo Thursday: Old Town Kokkola (2013)
- Summer European Tour (2010) – Helsinki and northwestern Finland
- Summer European Tour (2010) — Bertchesgaden, Berlin, Potsdam, and Wittenberg
Posts from a visit during our 2012 trip to Turkey
- Day 7: Snapshots as We Travel from Turkey to Greece
- Day 8: Snapshots of Samos
- Day 9: Snapshots as we Leave Samos
All Ireland and Northern Ireland (Ulster) posts, including trips around the island in 2004 and 2009
- Fall Photo Class and More (2010) — Rome, Orvieto, Florence, Sienna, and more
- 2016 Baltic itinerary, including Riga
- 2016 Baltic itinerary, including the Hill of Crosses, Klaipeda, Curonian Spit, Kaunas, and Vilnius
- Memorable Travel Moments: Walking the City Wall in Kotor, 2004 (December 4, 2012)
- Memorable Travel Moments: Celebrating My Birthday in Soure, Portugal
- Memorable Travel Moments: Red Square with St. Basil’s, Moscow, 1983 (November 13, 2012)
Although I tend to tell people it looks just like Minnesota, aside from the forests and the lakes, it really doesn’t. Sweden is perhaps one of the world’s most under-rated vacation destinations, and it offers a range of landscapes, vibrant cities, charming villages, and a stunning coastline.
- All posts on Sweden
- Traveling in Tulip Season (April 2012)